How user experience can become a key factor in your LMS choice?
One of our customers was looking for a Learning Management System to train and onboard their employees. They use artificial intelligence and augmented reality to connect blind people to highly trained, remotely-located agents. Their existing LMS was overly complicated as the structure was designed for university courses and didn’t allow easy updating or replicating content. The customer support was very unresponsive and generating custom reports to managers was not automated.
- Course creation with varied content and live sessions to simulate real-world scenarios for agents.
- Provides the capability to group and track users through training sessions.
- Generate automated reports on completion of the training to managers.
- Accessible to current and future blind or low-vision employees.
How CloudEagle helped
As per the feature and integration requirements of the customer, we scanned our database of 150,000 applications, 10M reviews, and 200K case studies to shortlist 3 software vendors – Tovuti, SkyPrep, and TalentLMS.
When would a customer choose SkyPrep LMS?
Best for companies who need an affordable, extremely easy-to-use platform with all basic LMS features. With a clean and intuitive interface, you can start building courses, deliver and manage them with little to no training.
SkyPrep LMS provides core features like course creation and content upload, assessments and grading, gamification, customizable user management features, learning paths, automated emails and notifications, and branding. SkyPrep supports a full range of file types, including SCORM 1.2, PowerPoint, multimedia, embedded links, videos, and rich HTML when uploading content.
Stripe, Open API, Open sesame, Bamboo HR, Paypal, ADR, Dropbox, Zoom
- Suited for budget-minded companies.
- Content upload and course creation are easy according to many reviews.
- The platform is very intuitive and easy to understand without training.
- Excellent customer service as per many reviews.
- Reporting is limited.
- SkyPrep is still growing; not all features are present compared to its competitors.
- Gamification is available only in higher plans.
Eastern Airlines, YMCA, Buffalo bills, eBay, Claris Health, Smart Flow
Pricing information is not publicly available.
When should a customer choose Tovuti LMS?
Best for companies who need a completely customizable advanced platform that supports building highly interactive gamified courses with a high degree of personalization and delivering and tracking the effectiveness of the same.
The core features include a built-in course authoring tool that helps you to create 40 types of interactive content, quizzes, and assessments, import and reuse of existing content, blended learning, microlearning, learning path and progress tracking, virtual classrooms, and built-in CMS, e-commerce and event management tools. It also offers social features like social profile creation, communities, forums, ratings, and comments. User management features include user groups, default and custom granular user permissions, bulk user actions, user transcripts, etc.
OpenSesame, Zoom, Zapier, OpenAPI, Salesforce, Okta, Onelogin, Microsoft Teams, Stripe, Workday, and many more.
- Provides an easy way to design highly interactive courses.
- Highly customizable.
- Powerful Automations and notifications – allows to automatically segment users based on set rules and assign courses, adding and removing learners from user groups, course recommendations, auto reminders for various events, and interactive pop-up notifications with geofencing.
- Positive reviews for virtual classroom features – seamless experience at lower bandwidths, breakout rooms, and inbuilt communication capabilities.
- Setup can be daunting with so much customization.
- The medium learning curve is there.
- No free trial.
- Cost may be a concern for some teams, but it is worth considering the rich feature set.
Marks and Spencer, College of American Pathologists, Seakeeper
- Up to 50 users – $775/month
- Up to 250 users – $945/month
- Up to 500 users – $1325/month
- Up to 1500 users – $1925/month
- Enterprise – contact sales
When should a customer choose Talent LMS?
TalentLMS is ideal for teams who are looking for an affordable solution with an extensive feature set and ample integrations.
TalentLMS course builder allows embedding video, audio, SCORM, xAPI, and flash content and allows searching and embedding YouTube videos, SlideShare presentations, Wikipedia articles, and more into courses from the Internet. TalentLMS also allows you to create assessments and do automated grading and offers learning paths, a survey engine, blended learning, custom roles and permissions, gamification, and branding. It also puts pesky admin tasks like auto-assign and removing courses, setting expiration dates, arranging course sequencing, and deactivating inactive users on autopilot.
Zoom, BambooHR, Salesforce, Stripe, Shopify, Microsoft Teams, OpenAPI
- TalentLMS is free for up to 5 users as long as you don’t create more than 10 courses.
- Affordable LMS with an extensive set of features.
- Easy to create courses and upload existing content as per many reviews.
- Reporting and gamification features can be improved as mentioned in many reviews.
- Test options are limited. TalentLMS can add more test options (true or false etc) to enhance its functionality.
- Customizing the platform outside the pre-built templates is messy and requires technical knowledge.
Oyo, Hudl, Galvanize, Deliveroo
- Starter(up to 40 users) – $69/month billed annually
- Basic(up to 100 users) – $149/month billed annually
- Plus(up to 500 users) – $279/month billed annually
- Premium(up to 1000 users) – $459/month billed annually
What did the customer do?
The winning choice was SkyPrep for our customer. During the free trial, the customer found Skyprep allows easy course creation within minutes and hassle-free content reusing as compared to their previous LMS. Its clean, intuitive user interface is a pleasure to use and can be customized to suit their branding requirements. The platform was more affordable and supported all user requirements.
Our customer’s workflow was getting bogged down with vendor research for a suitable LMS. Needless to say, they were very happy to save time and get data insights from our platform.